For details visit: https://sites.google.com/umich.edu/worldncdcongress/home?authuser=0
World NCD Federation is giving a special discount of 25% on the Lifetime Membership fee to all those who have registered for the 2nd World NCD Congress 2022 being organized jointly by the University of Michigan and the World NCD Federation. This discount is applicable only through the Congress days i.e. 9th-11th June 2022 on the official website of the World NCD Federation. https://www.worldncdfederation.org/memberships/The participants interested to take the World NCD Federation Lifetime Membership can also write to us at the official email id @ email@example.com
- Stimulating interest and excitement about moving health and prevention to the forefront of thinking at all levels, with a large emphasis on primary and early secondary prevention.
- Introducing the ‘learning systems approach’ as a comprehensive paradigm toward individual, health systems and community level improvements in health. The importance of ‘infrastructure’, ‘data’, ‘knowledge’, ‘stakeholder engagement’, and ‘cross-sectoral partnerships’ as key elements of this approach.
- Highlight the importance of harnessing data and technology toward early disease detection, risk prediction, primary and secondary prevention through lifestyle and behavior change and newer therapies.
- Discussing approaches to addressing disparities in health and healthcare by addressing social and environmental determinants of health, attention to sustainable development, the impact of climate change, etc.
The conference aims to draw multi-sectoral participation from health sciences faculty and trainees, epidemiologists, community health workers, clinicians, urban planners, policy makers, patient educators, data scientists, nutritionists, engineers, behavioral scientists, public health practitioners, NGO employees, and members of private industry.
Accreditation and Credit Designation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Michigan Medical School and the World NCD Federation (WNF).The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- explain the value of learning health and surveillance systems and utilize these systems to improve quality, patient outcomes and prevent chronic diseases.
- utilize a learning health system to identify patients with known risk factors for common chronic diseases and recommend prevention measures and earlier screening (e.g., retinal imaging, urine testing, etc)
- use data from learning health systems to identify health disparities, environmental and social determinants in disease predisposition & progression