World NCD Federation (WNF) is a Professional Association, working for Global Health Agenda for Universal Health care for Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) which is accessible and acceptable to all and at a cost, the developed and developing countries can afford to maintain and sustain population wide and individual clinical NCD interventions. It is conceived in Chandigarh Union Territory, the city beautiful in India and is registered under the Societies Registration Act of India. It was launched in Chandigarh, in 2015 by few innovative Faculty members working at prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, to focus on Public Health approaches for prevention, control and management of noncommunicable diseases globally. It officially came into existence on 7th March, 2015 which is celebrated as its foundation day.
Activities of the World NCD Federation
- Organization of Short Integrated or disease specific courses in major NCDs at global, regional and national level.
- To partner and develop International Course on Public Health Approaches to NCDs in developing countries.
- Formation of National/International Working groups to promote public health approaches to NCDs
- Publication of International Journal on Noncommunicable Diseases.
- To build research capacity in public health approaches to NCDs in developing countries.
- To organize World NCD Congress periodically every 3 years in different parts of the world.
- To promote its foundation day, i.e. 7th March as World NCD Day to focus on prevention and advocacy for NCDs at global, regional and national level